"I’ve lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
- Mark Twain (via feellng)
"He looked at me like I was crazy. Most of my lovers do, and that’s partly why they love me, and partly why they leave."
- Jeanette Winterson (via lesrodxo)
(Source: rabbitinthemoon, via flyrrie)
Click here to watch more of Jordan Klepper and Jessica Williams’s safety tips for college students from last night’s Daily Show.
We went to this burger place for lunch (turned out to be a drag bar which was shitty in other ways) but the walls were papered with rolling stones covers and it just really becomes obvious when you see lots of magazine covers next to each other that men are treated as people and women are treated as objects.
THIS PROVES MY POINT SO HARD IT SMASHES YOU IN THE TEETH
GOSH DARN IT I HOPE YOU FEEL THE SLAP IN YOUR FACE
gf: babe come over
bf: i cant, im in the city hall to submit some very important documents
gf: im off my period
(Source: surprisebitch, via prayforthefangirls)
Having an anxiety disorder is like that moment where your chair almost tips or you miss a step going down the stairs but it never stops
THIS IS THE ONLY DESCRIPTION OF ANXIETY I HAVE EVER IDENTIFIED WITH
THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE
BUT HOURS- SOMETIMES DAYS- LONG
You’re human and you made a human mistake.
(Source: pigorcow, via exercisewithfruitbat)
"1. Kiss that cute boy at the party, but push him away as soon as he puts his hand up your skirt
2. Smoke a cigarette for the first time, and make it your last
3. Don’t straighten your hair for a week, see how many compliments you get
4. Blast your favourite song even when your mum has told you off for playing it too loudly. Enjoy those 3 minutes of pure happiness before she pulls the plug out.
5. Say yes to going out, you’ll have something to tell your grandchildren about
6. Paint a sun on a rainy day, then stick it to the window
7. Eat the cupcake, you have better things to worry about than those 300 calories
8. Do yoga and meditate as often as possible
9. Stand up for yourself. Someone called you a slut? Someone said you are ugly? Someone said your art work was boring and dull? That is your cue to fucking stand up for yourself and make them speechless
10. Don’t respond to a group of males whistling at you. You’re a human being, not a fucking dog
11. Leave your headphones at home, see how much you are missing out on because you’re always lost in your own thoughts
12. Carry hand sanitizer and bandaids in your purse
13. Wear sexy underwear, loads of leather, a fur coat, heels and purple lipstick. Do it for yourself, not for the hot guy next door.
14. If you’re having a bad day, cry, scream, punch a pillow, throw stuff around. Then you pick up the mess, including yourself and get back up.
15. Smile, be polite and get on peoples good sides for starters
16. Stop waiting for your crush, stop dressing up for the bar man that serves you a free drink or staying extra hours at work for your boss. Stop impressing these dickheads and start impressing yourself.
17. Laugh until you cry, and when the girl sitting next to you in class tells you to shut up, laugh even louder.
18. Do whatever feels right in the moment, laugh, cringe and regret it later. Repeat."
- insical (via insical)
tell yourself you’re hot. tell yourself you’re amazing. tell yourself you’re untouchably, radiantly attractive. do it every day, even if it feels like you’re lying to yourself. insist to the mirror that you’re the cutest thing its ever reflected. if you do it enough eventually it wont feel like lying anymore, it’ll be automatic, and you’ll recognize yourself as the incredible babe you really are.
"Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?"
- Daughter of smoke and bone by Laini Taylor (via quotemybooks)